OUR BIG BOOK SALE
The Annual Book Sale is the Friends' biggest event and fundraiser.
Over 75% of all materials are donated, resulting in a variety of books and media. Also included are books removed from the Library collections, extra copies of former best sellers, and media.
The Book Sale needs a new home. All of Wakefield was saddened by the destruction of our former home, the landmark Baptist Church on Main Street. For 2019, Waterstone Properties Group is donating the use of a vacant portion of Waterstone Place at 200 Quannapowitt Parkway. Since Waterstone Place is a commercial space between leases, the Friends cannot expect it to be available for future Annual Book Sales.
Members' Only Preview Night Sale:
Thursday, May 30, 2019, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Open to all active members or join the Friends at the door.
Friday, May 31, 2019, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 1, 2019, 9:00am - 4:00pm
JOIN AND VOLUNTEER!
Every year, we need many volunteers to hold a successful sale.
In the weeks before the Book Sale:
• Publicity - Post flyers in local stores and bulletin boards.
• Book Sale Preparation - Help sort, organize, and pack materials for storage until the sale, plus remove damaged and inappropriate materials and recycle them.
During the week of the Book Sale:
•PLEASE NOTE: Volunteers who help at Waterstone must sign in at the security desk and show a valid ID.
• Monday moving night - We need haulers, lifters, and people with SUVs, vans, trucks or moving dollies to move books from a Greenwood location to 200 Quannapowitt Parkway.
• Tuesday – Thursday afternoons and evenings - Sort and organize books at the sale location.
During the Sale:
• Thursday night Friends members preview night sale, and Friday night and Saturday public sales - Keep the books organized during the sale and help shoppers.
After the Sale:
•Sunday afternoon - select and organize leftover books for the Festival By The Lake. Pack other remainders for removal. Begin clean-up.
For more info or to volunteer: •Mo • Please contact the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org • OR use our sign up genius: https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/60B0A4BA9A92BA5FF2-friends2 • See FAQ / Book Sale page.